Thursday 16 July 2015

 
 
EPP ~ STARRY NIGHT NECKLACE

The theme for Le Challenge this month is “direction”.
 
I recently read Dava Sobel's “Longitude”,
a book about astronomy, navigation and horology.

It's my inspiration for this month because
long before maps or GPS, people relied on stars for direction.
 


So I English Paper Pieced these stars to make a necklace.
 
They are 4cm across from point to point,
with fusible woven interfacing on the back.

 Faceted blue beads represent the sky.

 
It's whimsical.

It's patchwork I can wear.

I like it!

:-)

~Ema N~

***
What I made for recent Le Challenges
love token earrings: "Single"
 flower brooch : "Wood"

***
 
Linking up with

Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use without permission.

4 comments:

  1. Love your earrings snd love the connection with the theme !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I've been flirting with the idea of doing some EPP, and this is great inspiration. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning necklace! I love your tiny epp and fabulous way of interpreting the theme! Thanks for linking to le challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love wearable patchwork

    ReplyDelete