Sunday 3 May 2015


FOOD

 Home-cooked vegetable curry with rice and cumin papadum.
 
Read a few recipes, watched a few videos, then did my own thing.
 
It was my first ever try.
I thought it might be intimidating and was prepared to fail. 
But it turned out well.
 
The only adjustment I'd make is add more spices the next time.
 
This is a versatile dish.
I used cauliflower here.
Brinjal, ladies' fingers, peas would do as well.
Even add fish for a non-veg version.
 
Other things I made/ate at home in April...
 

Clockwise starting from top left is roasted beetroot* and arugula salad,
pasta with tomatoes marinated with garlic, balsamic vinegar, macadamia nut oil,
apple and yoghurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon powder,
barley with a slice of lime,
papaya with lime.
 
*Roasting beetroot takes forever! One hour in the oven!
This takes planning.
Next time, I'll roast a few at one go and keep in the fridge.
Roasted tastes much better, so I'll do it.

The aim is to reduce takeaways/convenience food, eating out.

This is a big step for me as I don't enjoy cooking.

~Ema N~


Update: see how I make the papadam for the vegetable curry here.

Photos and text belong to the author of this blog, unless otherwise stated.

Please do not use without permission.